Artha is the Vedic concept of responsible wealth creation. For wealth to be Artha, it must be planet friendly.
Green Artha is a climate venture fund and innovation firm established to make a low-carbon economy possible. We invest in the future of our planet through transformational climate innovations, business models that can help existing technologies achieve market adoption, and by enabling a stronger support ecosystem. Our objective is to catalyze the adoption, mainstreaming and commercialization of climate innovations to keep the planet below a 2-degree temperature increase, ensuring all people are able to access clean water, air and energy.
In the media
Our focus areas
In addition to these areas, we support other impactful and future-fit innovations from anywhere on the climate and cleantech spectrum.
What we Do
Conceived to help climate innovations reach the market at scale, Green Arth works with startups, leading corporates, NGOs, philanthropists, investors, think tanks and incubators.
For startups and entrepreneurs
- Business specific support and coaching.
- Investment into growth ready startups with focus on commercialization and optimizing capital structure.
For Corporates, Foundations, Government and Innovation Support Programmes
- Develop and support climate innovation strategies and/or identification of future-fit and fit-for-purpose green innovations.
- Augment the offerings of incubators, accelerators and other intermediaries.
At the ecosystem level
- Build and leverage diverse networks to strengthen the climate innovation ecosystem.
- Align capital providers across equity, debt and grants.
- Engage media to increase public awareness of companies, innovations, entrepreneurs and ideas, thereby driving climate action.
How we do it
To strengthen our investments and the larger climate ecosystem, we deploy human capital and deep systems analysis to strengthen and align networks, create virtuous cycles and attract more brilliant people to work on the world’s biggest problem.
We connect people, businesses and networks to facilitate greater levels of collaboration, reduce duplication of efforts and ensure resource efficiency. To advance climate innovation at the rate that is needed, it is imperative to marshal fragmented markets and participants
Co-founder & Managing Partner
Green Artha is a values driven company committed to creating wealth responsibly. This is embodied in the what, why and how of our work.
- Sustainability – reflected in our focus sectors, our choice of companies, how we expect our companies to scale and grow, and how we ourselves work as a team
- Catalytic transformation – our work is focused on building solutions, systems and support structures (advisory or funding) that catalyse and transform the ecosystem
- Transparency & fairness – parity of terms and information to all stakeholders, including entrepreneurs, partners and funders
- Diversity and Inclusivity – of teams, solutions, business models and support structures, to meaningfully impact climate change issues
- Collaboration – a collegial, partnerships-based approach for supporting, scaling and mainstreaming. Our sectors have strong overlap with issues in Agriculture, Food Security, Health and Livelihoods; we see a strong need for collaboration for scale and impact.
Partners and collaborators
Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.